It's no secret that the situation in the world going on right now had caught us all a little unprepared. And we are not talking about a quick and uncontrolled, needless raging through the supermarkets and stores. No one had even thought that the outbreak of Covid-19 would have this outcome and close us down for a long time.
During this period, it is the best besides working from home, to find something you love to do deep down inside. Many of us have been gathering books, some have collected TV series on hold, some have just sat down by the window and enjoy a cup of coffee, tea, or a glass of wine. Some might like to include in other pleasures, like creating new and exciting games for their children, exercise, paint, etc. In the end, it's all about pleasure and artistic expression!
Talking about art, it's a passion for many to dedicate their time to decoration. People just making the change and changing the surrounding and rearranging space is always refreshing. It is, of course, a very difficult time to redecorate now, but what you can do, is to sit down, and plan in detail how do you want to redo your lovely space as soon as we manage to win a fight with this pandemic.
To achieve such purpose, we need to come up with an interior design style that prioritizes warmth, closeness, and earthy atmosphere, evoking the phrase ‘the home is where the heart is’.
Embracing an organic aesthetic that will infuse your home with comfort and warmth, rustic design is the best possible choice!
Rustic design is often described as simple, coarse, and strikingly beautiful, it is a design emphasis on rugged, natural beauty. It highlights the authentic beauty of natural materials, celebrates unfussy tastes, simple and earthy colors, an unpretentious, organic warmth, and really makes us feel at home.
Natural materials such as raw wood, stone, and metals dominate in these designs as the main challenge is to create an interior that resembles the simplicity and beauty found in the outside world.
Not only we gave you the idea, but there is a hint of what you can do with your space that is creative, modern, innovative, and very much into the do-it-yourself - rustic design:
- Start with neutral tones to compliment rustic wall decor, adding color and vibrancy in order to make your room stand out.
- Embrace dark wood as one of the main natural materials to provide a hint of luxury, or a light-colored wood, if you want to feel as if you’re in a log cabin in the woods.
- If you have an awkward alcove – embellish it by adding shelving to create an amazing library.
- Also, if you have old rustic kitchen cabinets and beams in your home, don't hesitate to embrace them in your design and highlight them.
- Stone fireplaces look fabulous for updated rustic living room design . But if you don’t have a fireplace or the option to install one, an excellent tip for creating that warm glow is to use soft yellow/orange lighting around your room - it elicits the same inviting feel at a fraction of the price.
- Avoid straight lines, they don’t have a place in rustic home decor. Embrace organic and abstract imperfections for a unique take on rustic interior design.
And don't forget those moments that bring joy to our lives - the moment when we all sit together to have a delicious meal. The aesthetic of your dinnerware plays a large role in the appeal of your setting, therefore all-natural, compostable, and biodegradable dinnerware made in love with nature is the best possible choice for your rustic table decor. With a rustic-chic appearance that looks amazing on any table, palm leaf plates are a beautiful complement to an earthy, rustic decor. Each leaf is unique with its gorgeous grains and textures and so each plate has that natural, wood-like appearance. The plates may vary in color from light beige to dark brown and may have a very charming woody scent. And the result of that fabulous texture and contrast of the plates is a spectacular table, that is rustic, romantic, and elegant.