Candy goes with Halloween, for sure, but you do not have to add to the already huge environmental harm that comes from those Halloween treats you hand out to trick-or-treaters. Those giant bags of individually wrapped candies aren't healthy for our kids or our planet. Many candy wrappers from our childhood Halloween jaunts are probably still intact in landfill sites today, leaching their wasteful by-products into the soil where we grow our food and into the water that we drink. Eco-friendly Halloween candy should be as plastic-free as possible. Unfortunately, this is pretty difficult because most sweets come in plastic wrappers. However, there are alternatives available. And one of them is to make treats yourself! That is why Eco Party Warehouse has prepared a fabulous treat for you!
HALLOWEEN SPIDER COOKIES
Our Halloween Spider Cookies are the easiest and cutest Halloween dessert ever, and the kids adore them!
- 16 Sugar Cookies (Make your own)
- 16 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Minis
- 36 Candy Eyes
- 1 bag Chocolate Candy Melts
HOW TO MAKE HALLOWEEN SPIDER COOKIES:
- Bake cookies.
- As soon as you pull them from the oven, use the bottom of a teaspoon measurer and gently press a divot into the cookie.
- Let the cookies cool completely.
- Melt the candy melts and place it in an Eco-friendly Cotton Pastry Bag.
- Take a Reese’s and place some melted chocolate along the bottom and press the Reese’s onto the divot in the cookie.
- Let Reese's set and dry.
- Take your candy eyes and place a dab of melted chocolate on the back and place on the side of the Reese’s.
- Use the melted chocolate to pipe spider legs on the cookie.
- Let all of the chocolate dry.
- Serve and enjoy
PRO-TIPS AND NOTES:
- I used the back of a wooden spoon to make a little divot in the cookie. This gives a nice place to rest the peanut butter cup.
- If you don’t have an eco-friendly cotton pastry bag, grab a ziplock reusable silicone bag and put the chocolate in it. Cut the bottom corner of the bag off (just a little tiny corner). This will work great too!
- The decorating tweezers are a lifesaver. They will make putting the eyes on so much easier. They are great to have on hand for other decorating projects as well.
- Chill the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups before you begin. It will make them much easier to work with because they won’t get all melty!
Hate to clean up after a crowd, but you still want to be eco-friendly and not use plastic bags and plastic disposable partyware? Plus, once the cookies leave your house, you really don’t have control over how their packaging is disposed of. Eco Party Warehouse has a great solution for you - Eco-Friendly Disposable Wedding Value Set. Unique looking, sturdy, compostable, and biodegradable, this premium palm leaf set consisting of disposable buffet and salad plates, forks, knives, and spoons, also provides flexibility on what are you about to do with it after use, recycle, compost, or toss out.
In love with the Palm Leaf Collection?