We've said many times, here at Eco Party Warehouse, that what we do is celebrate life! The Earth, being our mother, guardian, and supporter, is, in fact, the very life we are talking about. And it's the one that deserves this celebration the most.
Earth Day is more than just a single day, it’s bigger than attending a rally and taking a stand, so what we need to do is celebrate the Earth every day. Take care of it, watch for its lungs, life, and survival very closely. Yet, among the others, one day stands out as an official Earth Day, and it's today - April 22nd.
The celebration of this day dates back to 1970. Back then, there was a protest of millions of people, all together organized against the negative impact of industrial development on the life of the planet. Many good things come out of this protest, many people, organizations, companies, etc. have started to pay attention to pollution.
With April 22nd, 2020 officially marking 50 years of celebrating Earth Day, it's more important than ever to be green. After all, even a tiny bit goes a long way when it comes to celebrate and help to save the Earth!
- Reduce your plastic use -
Earth Day today is concentrated mostly around plastic pollution. With millions of tons of plastic floating our oceans and killing the very life of the planet we were just talking about, this needs to become the one thing that is our top priority, and the fight of our lives!
- Replace your plastic straws with a set of Eco Party Warehouse Compostable Paper Kraft Straws — the sea turtles will thank you.
- When it comes to your tableware, shopping eco-friendly goes a long way. Look for "green" products that are sustainably sourced and made of compostable materials. And the best place for that is, of course, Eco Party Warehouse! Trying to find a way to celebrate our Mother Earth and celebrate life, we've managed to help everybody combine two essential things, celebration, and a safe environment. To be completely natural and eco-friendly, our tableware is made using 100% biodegradable and compostable, renewable resources (palm leaf, bagasse, and birch wood), so they will regenerate themselves and help to complete the great cycle of life while providing you with the greatest possible convenience and style.
- If you're in a DIY mood, you can also help the planet by ditching the harmful ingredients found in store-bought cleaning products and just make your own. They will be less toxic and eliminate the need for multiple plastic bottles of cleaner.
Besides plastic, here are a few more interesting ways you can imply to maintain planet earth healthy:
- Plant a Tree - Trees are a big part of our earth, and planting one will just add to the health and wellness of the world that we live in, clean the air and give off more oxygen, among a ton of other benefits.
- Start a Garden - Grow your own fruits or veggies, it will benefit your health and reduce the amount of fossil fuel emissions by not having to transport the food to stores.
- Make Your Yard Creature-Friendly - Make your yard a welcoming place for local wildlife by installing bird feeders, birdhouses, a birdbath, and more.
- Add Plants to Your Home - Bringing a little greenery into your home, besides it will beautify the space, it will also help regulate the temperature through the moisture they release into the air and reduce the energy required to heat and cool your home.
- Leave the Car at Home - Earth Day is just a reminder of how beautiful and awesome our planet is. Take advantage of it! Save gas and spare the atmosphere a little pollution by walking, biking, or taking public transportation.
- Go paperless - Switching all of your bills to e-bills, junk mails, catalogs, and online invoices, you can save millions of trees every single year.
Earth Day comes once a year, but these lifestyle changes could be beneficial for all the other days, as well as years to come! We only have one Earth, so let's treat her right. Don’t just leave it to Earth day! Let’s start now. And let’s never stop.