Hot Chocolate Spoons
This Hot Chocolate Spoons Recipe is so simple, yet so effective! It is perfect for your End of Winter Bash! They only take 1 main ingredient to make and beautiful, decorative natural birch eco-friendly disposable mini dessert spoons. No store-bought chocolate drink powder could ever compete with a decadently rich and velvety smooth chocolate melted into a mug of your preferred warm milk.
Servings: 10; Time: 15 minutes; Difficulty: easy
- 16 oz good quality chocolate (I used 10 oz dark chocolate and 6 oz milk chocolate)
- 1/3 cup cocoa (loosely packed)
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (loosely packed)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings
- Chop up the chocolate into small pieces and melt over a double boiler (try not to get any water into the chocolate - or it will seize up).
- Once the chocolate is completely melted, stir in the cocoa, powdered sugar, and salt. It will initially look clumpy, but continue stirring until there are no lumps left and the mixture looks glossy and smooth.
- Take everything off the heat and transfer the chocolate mixture into a piping bag or ziplock bag.
- Pipe chocolate mixture into a clean ice cube tray. Add toppings if you would like, and then top with compostable spoons. Pop in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes and check/adjust the spoons to ensure they are straight. Refrigerate for another 45 minutes or until completely set.
- Now, when it's all done, just warm a mug of milk on the hob or in the microwave, pop the chocolate spoon in the mug, and stir until it melts away.
- Serve on Eco Party Warehouse's Square Palm Leaf Eco Friendly Disposable Pastry Plates and impress all the party guests.
Fun Topping Ideas For Hot Chocolate Spoons:
I don't think anyone would be sad to get a 'plain' hot chocolate spoon, but I love jazzing the hot chocolate spoons up with a little topping option (or two!). Here are a few to try:
- Fresh orange zest.
- Crushed candy canes
- Mini chocolate chips.
- Toffee bits.
- White chocolate chips.
- Other flavored toppings – Depending on your dietary needs, you could go for Caramel, Butterscotch, Mint, Peanut Butter, Cherry, etc. Whatever sounds good!
Everybody liked the finished look especially sprinkled with little bits of crushed candy cane (the red and white pops of color on top make it look so festive)! Plus, if you didn't want to make the hot chocolate on a spoon, you can also use our Natural Birch Eco-Friendly Disposable Dinner Forks - you can be sure that they would also look very unique and beautiful.